Thursday, August 14, 2008

Giving Back

Hmm. As I progress through essay writing and topic analysis, one issue has been perplexing. How do I go about describing my involvement with former schools? I've done more recently with my college's alumni network, as I have been involved with applicant interviews for my college here in my hometown, represented the university at a couple college fairs, met with prospective students and their families, and I am coordinating events for the local alumni chapter. In addition I have been back to the school once to give a talk to business majors and give some of them advice on career selection.

I've also been working with my high school alumni council and was just asked to become a member of the executive committee.

So how can I incorporate this into an essay without sounding too cliche about wanting to give back to schools that have given me a great education?

No comments: