Sunday, December 21, 2008

I want to be a Bulldog!

Wow. A lot of changes going on in my life.

I'm still waiting for the official word on my Harvard app, but as many of you know, it's an insanely competitive year. I am working on my Yale application from now through January and that will be it for this year. While I will still visit USC and UCLA in January, I won't be applying to any other schools this year.

I look at my life as having a lot of options and potential paths. If I am able to get into Yale, I would accept. And if not, then I will work to strengthen my application over the next two years or until cycles change and the MBA goes back to being a less-desired course. As many have told me, I picked the worst year ever to apply. Maybe. Maybe not. I wasn't ready last year. And now that I have considered life without an MBA, I've got some solid perspective as to why I want one or why I need one (that's a whole separate post).

The CFA exam is done. I've spent the last two weeks completely neglecting my health in a drinking-loaded, party-hard, exercise-free orgy of complete sin. Delicious food. No lifting weights. I bought a Blu-Ray player and my first two movies were Dark Knight and Ratatouille. All in all, it's been a fun two weeks, but I am ready to get back into healthy mood. Also, changes coming at the workplace (all by choice, I might add).

So as 2009 approaches, let us all be thankful that 2008 is nearly behind us and excited for the possibilities ahead. For you MBA applicants, I wish you all the best of luck. Just remember, if you don't get in, it's not the end of the world. If you do get in, enjoy your options. ;-)

No comments: