Monday, September 15, 2008

Advanced Mid!!

So I took my OPI (Oral Proficiency rating) test Thursday, which is a language test conducted by a native speaker. I was really nervous since I haven't studied Chinese since college, but this past spring I took a class and I recently bought Rosetta Stone and both have worked wonders.

I got my score today and it was an Advanced Mid! That's good. :-P The scale goes:

Superior
Advanced High
Advanced Mid
Advanced Low
Intermediate High
Intermediate Mid
Intermediate Low
Novice High
Novice Mid
Novice Low

The Lauder program at Wharton says "Students are admitted with an oral proficiency rating (OPI) at the Advanced level, preferably Advanced Mid (according to the guidelines of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages)," so I am really quite stoked that there's one less thing to worry about.

In other news, I have two weeks til the GMAT part deux, and hopefully I'll kick it's butt. Only another month til all first round apps are in...here goes a whirlwind month!

2 comments:

Vitaly Kartsev said...

Congrats! I'm a Wharton/Lauder applicant, too, and my OPI exam is next Friday, for Russian. I'm hoping it goes well — my Russian is theoretically very solid, but I don't get a lot of chances to hear it and speak it. Mostly written/read stuff instead. So I've been watching the Russian news and trying to get the language in my ear again.

aaron said...

Oh nice! I am studying Russian for fun right now through livemocha.com and by practicing with friends. They think I'm a Russian-born Chinese, especially when I tell them I am from Moscow. Haha. I hope we get a chance to take classes at Lauder next fall! :-)

p.s. Can I add your blog to my blog links list?