Thursday, September 25, 2008

close to deadlines

Alright. T-minus less than five days til GMAT. I made significant progress in critical reasoning studies tonight. And my timing is spot on, according to my gmat class prof. You know what? It'll all be good.

I've been spending a bunch of time review my essays and getting them to be easier to read, more personal, and less BS. Admissions essay reviewers know how to spot a canned explanation for why you should be admitted. They want to hear stories - good ones. Triumph, courage, failure, motivation, accomplishment, emotion, humor. And it took me so long to figure that out.

So if you're reading this and applying round 2 or 3 or next year, keep this in mind and start doing some thinking. It'll save you a lot of time later on! Promise.

No comments: